▪ Dr. Arezu Jahani-Asl received her Bachelor of Science in 2000 at the University of Toronto in Toronto, Ontario.
▪ Dr. Jahani-Asl then completed a Master of Science degree in Cellular and Molecular Medicine at the University of Ottawa in Ottawa, Ontario, and graduated in 2005. She studied the molecular mechanisms that regulate PI3K/AKT signaling in the context of chemoresistance in Ovarian Cancer. She performed her research in the laboratory of Dr. Benjamin K. Tsang, in the LOEB Institute, presently Ottawa Hospital Research Institute.
▪ Dr. Jahani-Asl received her PhD degree in Neuroscience from the University of Ottawa in 2009. She studied neuronal cell death and the role of mitochondria in acute brain damage in the laboratory of Dr. Ruth Slack.
▪ In 2009, Dr. Jahani-Asl joined the laboratory of Dr. Azad Bonni at Harvard Medical School to pursue postdoctoral training in neurobiology where she studied the molecular mechanisms regulating the pathogenesis of glioblastoma and mental retardation. She furthered these studies in collaboration with the laboratory of Michael Rudnicki at Ottawa Hospital research Institute.
▪ In 2015 Dr. Jahani-Asl joined the faculty of the Department of Oncology at McGill University, where she is presently Assistant Professor of medicine. Her laboratory is located at the department of Molecular and Regenerative Medicine at the Lady Davis Institute of Medical Research at the Jewish General Hospital in Montreal, Quebec.