Enrolment Services (ES) Application & Preamble
Note 1: This application is NOT open to current full-time McGill University employees in Administrative & Support positions.
Note 2: To be considered for an invigilator position, you MUST apply through our official posting located in WorkDay.
IF you already have a position at McGill please apply using the internal application located here
IF you are new to McGill and don't already hold a position, please use the external application located here
Date of Posting: Friday, September 22, 2023
Hiring Unit: Exam Office, Enrolment Services
- December 2023 Final Exams
- March 2024 Deferred & Supplemental Exams
- Ad Hoc and Proctor Exams
Dates of Assignment:
|December 2023 Final Exam Session||Deferred and Supplemental Exams - March 2024||Ad Hoc and Proctor Exams|
|December 7 - 21, 2023||March 4, 5 & 7, 2024||Ongoing|
Read the details below before completing the application:
- Description of Duties: Under the guidance and supervision of the Chief Invigilator and the Exam Deputy, the primary responsibility of invigilators is to supervise exams, enforce the University Exam Regulations, and provide an environment which will allow each student to perform to the best of their abilities on their exam. Invigilators are expected to ensure that there are no distractions or disruptions in the area where students are writing their exams. Invigilators must pay constant attention to students under their surveillance, to ensure that cheating does not take place. Invigilators are responsible and accountable for all exams and exam materials in their possession.
- Requirements: To be eligible to work as an invigilator, you must:
- At a minimum, have a high school leaving certificate
- Have experience working in a university or school setting
- Speak fluent English; French is an asset
- Be present at all shift(s) assigned to you based on your stated availability
- Be punctual for your shift(s)
- Hold a valid Social Insurance Number (SIN)
- NOTE: Having a valid Social Insurance Number (SIN) is a condition of employment. If you are an international student, you must hold a valid immigration document allowing you to be employed by McGill University.
- Salary: The rate of pay for invigilators is $16.50/hour
- Shifts available are:
|Morning Shift||Afternoon Shift||
|8:15 AM-12:30 PM||1:15 PM-5:30 PM||5:45 PM-10:00 PM|
- Eligible candidates, please complete the form below.
- Deadline to apply: Wednesday, October 11, 2023