Application & Preamble
Note: This application is not open to current full-time McGill University employees in Administrative & Support positions.
Date of Posting: Friday, February 1, 2019
Hiring Unit: Exam Office, Enrolment Services
- April 2019 Final Exams
- Summer Exam Session
- Deferred & Supplemental Exams
- Science Placement Exams
- Ad Hoc and Proctor Exams
Dates of Assignment:
|April 2019 Final Exam Session||Summer Exam Session||Deferred and Supplemental Exams - Winter 2019||Science Placement Exams||Ad Hoc and Proctor Exams|
|April 15 - 30||May 31, June 1, July 5, & August 5||August 19, 21, & 23||August 20, 21, & 22||Ongoing|
Read the details below before completing the application:
- Description of Duties: Under the guidance and supervision of the Chief Invigilator and the Exam Deputy, the primary responsibility of invigilators is to supervise exams, enforce the University Exam Regulations, and to ensure that students write their exams and demonstrate their academic ability under circumstances that are as conducive as possible to this exercise. Invigilators are expected to ensure that there are no distractions or disruptions in the area where students are writing their exams. Invigilators must pay constant attention to students under their surveillance, and ensure that cheating does not take place. Invigilators are responsible and accountable for all exams and exam materials in their possession.
- Requirements: To be eligible to work as an invigilator, you must:
- At a minimum, have a high school leaving certificate
- Have experience working in a university or school setting
- Speak fluent English; French is an asset
- Be present at any shift(s) assigned to you based on your stated availability
- Be punctual for your shift(s)
- Hold a valid Social Insurance Number (SIN)
- NOTE: Having a valid Social Insurance Number (SIN) is a condition of employment. If you are an international student, you must hold a valid immigration document allowing you to be employed by McGill University.
- Salary: The pay for invigilators is $13.25 per hour.
- Shifts available are:
|Morning Shift||Afternoon Shift||Evening Shift|
|8:15 AM-12:30 PM||1:15 PM-5:30 PM||5:45 PM-10:00 PM|
- Eligible candidates, please complete the form below.
- Deadline to apply: Wednesday, February 13 @ 10:00 AM