Have you demonstrated ingenuity, determination and leadership? Have you become involved in your community? Have you participated in a project that has had a significant impact in your community or specific field of activity? You are an ideal Forces AVENIR candidate!
Forces AVENIR aims to recognize, honour and promote the commitment of students in projects that contribute to the development of socially conscious, active and responsible citizens who are both dedicated to their community and open to the world.
Finalists share 33 prestigious grants totalling $114,000 each year!
Eligibility for Individuals
- Be registered as full-time students for at least one semester during the period of eligibility (1 April 2017 to 31 March 2018)
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate (Bachelor's) or graduate (Master's/PhD) degree
- Not have been paid to participate
- Be no more than 35 years of age on march 31, 2018
- Not be former recipients of a Forces AVENIR university award in the Personality AVENIR category
Eligibility for Projects
- The project may be carried out as part of a university undergraduate program worth a maximum of 3 credits
- The project must not take place in the context of a course or a research program which is part of the requirements for obtaining a graduate degree
- At least 80% of the students involved in the project must meet the criteria for individuals
- The project must be initiated, made operational or be carried out during the period of eligibility (1 April 2017 to 31 March 2018)
- The project must not have already received a Forces AVENIR university award in the Project AVENIR category
Applications must be submitted online at inscription.forcesavenir.qc.ca by March 31, 2018.
Students may apply under the Personality category (graduate or undergraduate), or under one of the following Project categories:
Business and Economy
Arts, Literature and Culture
Mutual Aid, Peace and Justice
Science and Technology
Communications, Education and Society
All interested applicants should consult the:
- University-level: McGill will make a first selection and will submit a maximum of two applications per category to Forces AVENIR.
- Specialist Juries: For each category, Forces AVENIR will set up a jury of three people recognized in their field. These juries will select the recipients of the grants and AVENIR trophies.
- The Grand Jury: Finally, a Grand Jury made up of a number of key figures in society representing different fields will determine the recipients of the AVENIR Par Excellence grants and trophies.