An Individual Development Plan (IDP) is a tailored roadmap that guides you from where you are now to where you want to be. By laying out a clear plan of action through self-discovery and reflection, the development of an IDP helps you set goals for short- and long-term milestones or achievements you wish to make during your studies and career.
Even if you already have a good sense of your overall objectives for your studies or career (i.e., publish more papers, get a career in industry, or complete your candidacy), an IDP can help you identify the specific steps that you will need to accomplish to realize these objectives and will allow you to track your progress to your goals.
The Peer Pathways Program will run for 8 weeks, from October 8 to November 26, and will consist of:
- Three expert-led workshops to guide you through the creation of your IDP:
- Build Your Profile – Tuesday, October 8 from 11am-1pm at McGill
- Brainstorm Your Future – Tuesday, October 29 from 11am-1pm at McGill
- Create Your IDP – Tuesday, November 26 from 11am-1pm at McGill
- Two meetings with a small group of peers to share ideas, challenges and resources related to navigating graduate/postdoctoral studies and exploring career options with others also working on IDPs.
- Participants will be placed into groups of three at the start of the series, and each group will choose their own meeting times and locations.
- Ongoing independent reflection and activities guided by the myPath workbook. Continual reflection on your goals and progress is key to staying on track and achieving your objectives!
The Peer Pathways Program for Fall 2019 is full. Please email hbhl [at] mcgill.ca to be added to the waiting list.