Join us on April 21, 2021 at noon for the next webcast in our biweekly series, McGill Cares, designed to support informal caregivers. During candid, 30-minute interviews with leading experts, Claire Webster, Alzheimer Care Consultant and Founder of the McGill Dementia Education Program, will explore topics related to caring for a loved one with dementia.
The Care of the Older Person – An Invaluable Resource for Care Providers
Thanks to extraordinary advances in technology and medicine, humans are living longer than ever before, and are shifting the demographic makeup on a worldwide scale. As a result, more of us are living and engaging with an aging population in both our personal and professional lives, and there is a heightened demand for concrete research and advice for how to best provide care for this growing demographic.
The Care of the Older Person brings together some of today’s most experienced professionals to provide concrete answers to care providers of all kinds, from the administrators and health care professionals who operate and staff health care facilities and housing for seniors, to the spouses, friends and children who care for them informally. Most importantly, this book is also for seniors who want to feel empowered at this stage of their life.
Drs. José Morais, Serge Gauthier, Abraham Fuks and Ronald Caplan will join Claire Webster to discuss the latest edition of The Care of the Older Person and their contributions to the 4th edition of this book which is now available on Amazon.
- Dr. José Morais is a Professor in the McGill Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Director of the Division of Geriatric Medicine, Lead of the Dementia Education Program at McGill University, and Co-Director of Quebec Network for Research on Aging.
- Dr. Abraham Fuks is a Professor of Medicine and a former Dean of in the McGill Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences.
- Dr. Serge Gauthier is the Director of the Alzheimer Disease Research Unit at the McGill Centre for Studies in Aging, and a Professor in the Departments of Neurology & Neurosurgery, Psychiatry, Medicine at McGill University.
- Dr. Ronald Caplan is Clinical Associate Professor Emeritus Obstetrics and Gynecology at Weill Medical College of Cornell University and a medical author.
- Claire Webster is a Certified Alzheimer Care Consultant, Certified Professional Consultant on Aging, as well as a conference speaker and educator in the field of caring for an individual with dementia. She contributed a chapter titled “Navigating the journey of dementia as a caregiver”.
This webcast is free and open to the public.
This episode of McGill Cares is made possible thanks to a donation by the Lindsay Memorial Foundation.
Click here beginning at 12:00 pm EDT on Wednesday, April 21 to watch this webcast.