Academic History Workbook
Document Code = MDSR
Academic History Workbook
N.B. ► The Workbook is not required for international medical graduate applicants (MD-ROQ-IMG) or Med-P applicants (MD-ROQ-C)
- Download the Workbook provided and complete it with your academic history, including course history.
- Table 2 of the Workbook should be completed with your entire history of higher-learning (e.g. post-secondary, undergraduate, graduate, etc.). This includes advanced secondary programs such as APs from CollegeBoard, the International Baccalaureate from IBO, CEGEP programs, and the like.
- Table 3 need not contain graduate course history.
- The Reports included in the Workbook are for internal use (and your reference only).
Compatibility: The Workbook was created in Microsoft Excel 2007. Tables are compatible with most current spreadsheet software, but is not compatible with Microsoft Office 365 (included in Windows 8). See the guide for alternatives. The Workbook Reports (your reference only) are compatible with Microsoft Excel 2007 or greater.
DOWNLOAD THE WORKBOOK ► (only available starting September 2014)
Guide to Completing the Academic History Workbook
- The Guide describes how to convert grades to McGill-compatible grade points (see page 24).
- If your institution uses a different grading system, consult the resources in the guide.
DOWNLOAD THE GUIDE ► (only available starting September 2014)
Before submitting your final Workbook, ensure that you rename the file by replacing "mcgill" with your McGill ID number and "aedmed" with your name. For example: 260999876-SMITH-Kelly-mdsr-workbook-v3-0.xlsx.
When you are ready to submit your completed and final workbook, use the e-mail template below and attach your workbook to the e-mail message.
E-MAIL TEMPLATE ► admissions [dot] med [at] mcgill [dot] ca (subject: 201309%20MDSR%20SUBMISSION%2c%20From%3a%20%2aREPLACE-WITH-FULLNAME, body: ATTN%3a%20MEDICINE%20ADMISSIONS%20RECORDS%20-%20RE%3a%20MDSR%20SUBMISSION%0d%0aSubmission%20of%20VERSION%202.4a%20of%20the%20workbook%0d%0aMcGILL%20ID%20NUMBER%3d%20%0d%0aLAST%20NAME%3d%20%0d%0aFIRST%20NAME%3d%20%0d%0a%0d%0a%2aRemember%20to%20include%20your%20attachement%20and%20to%20enter%20your%20full%20name%20in%20the%20subject%20line) (E-mail Submission Template)
Should the template not work, submit your completed workbook to admissions [dot] med [at] mcgill [dot] ca with the subject line 'MDSR SUBMISSION' and include your full name in the subject line. In the body of the message, include your McGill ID number along with, of course, your Workbook in attachment.
A receipt will automatically be issued if the submission was successful. Please allow up to 10 business days for your document to show as received in your application checklist.