Welcome to the Cristescu Lab
Our research group uses ecological genomics approaches to study the evolution and maintenance of biological diversity in aquatic ecosystems
- The nature and scale of recombination and mutation rate variation across genomes;
- Speciation in ancient lakes.
- Developing molecular methods for assessing biodiversity trends and ecosystem health
- Understanding the ecology (production, degradation, persistence) of environmental DNA and RNA
- The genetics of aquatic invasions and habitat transitions
- Laboratory and field experiments with aquatic invertebrates
- Barcoding and metabarcoding
- Metagenomics and metatranscriptomics
- Population genetics
Interested in joining our research group?
In the Lab
For the Environment