Face Perception Study
Examining face perception among boys aged 7-12
· Participants include typically developing children as well as children with ADHD and high functioning autism
· Involves one session that is between 60-90 minutes long. Participants perform some memory and language tasks and play a fun computer game. Parents fill out a few simple questionnaires (takes approximately 15-20 minutes).
- Comfortable waiting area and internet available!
· Parents receive a brief report containing results from their child’s performance on two face tasks. Children are given a free toy
Meta-academic skill development with Commission scolaire de la Pointe-de-l'Ile
Application of the meta-academic model to students with borderline intellectual functioning.
- Application of meta-academic lesson plans in elementary school settings
- Focus is on a consultation model with teachers applying the modules
- Pilot data used to improve academic resilience in hgh risk populations
Application of the meta-academic model to meet the needs of a variety of school systems around the world.
- Data collection of the meta-academic model at schools in Gdansk-Oliwa, Poland
- Development of sister research labs with the University of Gdansk and the Institute of Psychology
Research on specific topics related to one aspect of the meta-academic model (i.e., coping with medical issues) that is a major contributor to school success.
- Meta analysis and revisiting sensory intergration therapy
- Homebound instruction
- To provide advice on schooling and medical issues to the National Associaton of School Psychology
- Co-editor of the Pediatric School Psychology column in the NASP Communique
Continued research on rare developmental and genetic disorders and the effects of these disorders on schooling and social development.
- Book on the education of children with genetics disorders, to be published by Springer.
Consultation Training At Miriam House and Services
- Dr. Shaw is providing training and consultation services to the staff at Miriam House and Services. Miriam House and Services is a centre designed for persons with significant intelllectical disabilities and autism. (Centre de réadaptation en déficience intellectuelle et en troubles envahissants du développement).