uPrint - Campus Printing
Date: July 6, 2011
To: Key Financial Contacts
Cc: Julie Ghayad, Associate Director, Process
Improvement and Finance Infrastructure
Daniel Faucher, Associate Director, Ancillary Services
Subject: uPrint – Campus Printing
Further to the Memorandum on uPrint, issued by Jim Nicell, Associate Vice-Principal University Services on June 21, 2011, below you will find steps you should follow upon receiving this Memorandum to ensure uPrint information is accurate and up-to-date.
Please note that within each sub menu of the Minerva “uPrint – Campus Printing Menu”, there is information text and a Help feature which provides you with a link to a Financial Services’ KnowledgeBase article. The “uPrint – Campus Printing Menu” and all related sub menus will be in production on July 11, 2011.
- Please refer to the attached document indicating for which Org Codes you have been identified as the Key Financial Contact.
- Using Minerva, access the “uPrint – Campus Printing Menu” from the Finance (Fund) Administration Menu. Select the sub menu “View Users Assigned by Fund”. This menu is used to view which user (faculty or staff) is assigned to a fund for uPrint charges (print and copy).
- Default FOAPALs in uPrint are assigned to users based on the FOAPAL from which they are paid. This does not apply to individuals who are paid from more than one FOAPAL. If the user is paid from more than one FOAPAL, there will be no default FOAPAL assigned to the user for uPrint charges. You will need to input a FOAPAL for this user.
- To assist you in identifying funds within your jurisdiction
that have appointments attached to them, please refer to the
following reports found on the Financial Services’ website http://www.mcgill.ca/financialservices/reporting/miscellaneous/:
1. Funds Within Faculty Org Jurisdiction
2. Funds Within Department Org Jurisdiction
- If the HR indicator is flagged as “Y” in the report, you should input this fund into the “View Users Assigned by Fund” sub menu on Minerva to determine which user is assigned this fund as their default FOAPAL.
- If there are any modifications to be made to a user’s default FOAPAL, select the sub menu “Assign FOAPALs to Users”. You may assign multiple FOAPALs to a user if they can charge print and copy charges to multiple projects, activities, or research grants.
- If the user has only one FOAPAL assigned to them and you delete this FOAPAL, you must advise the user and/or their supervisor. A user that does not have a FOAPAL associated to them will be unable to print or make copies at a uPrint machine.
- The implementation of uPrint will start on August 15, 2011. As such, the above-mentioned steps should be completed by this date.
If you have any questions, please contact FISHELP at Fishelp [dot] acct [at] mcgill [dot] ca or by phone at (514) 398-4683.
All uPrint KnowledgeBase articles can be found at:
- Purchases & Payments folder
- uPrint subfolder