Updated February 10, 2014
Collections: Relocation Update
The Life Sciences collection has merged into the Schulich Library of Science and Engineering and the Education Main collection has moved to the 2nd floor of the McLennan Library Building. Back runs of journals and very low use monographs from our Science, Medicine, Engineering and Education collections are now located in the McGill Library Storage facility in the Currie Gym Building. Material will be retrieved from our storage facility regularly beginning in early 2014. If you have ANY questions or need an item right away, please contact any Librarian and they will work with you on sourcing the title.
Life Sciences/Schulich Library:
- The Science, Engineering and Life Sciences circulating collections are now housed in the Schulich Library.
- Extremely low use material has been moved to the storage facility in the Currie Gym and will be retrieved on "on demand" beginning in early 2014.
- Should you require any assistance in locating an item or requesting an item through interlibrary loan, please contact any library staff member.
Education/Humanities & Social Sciences Library:
- The Education Main Collection is now housed on the 2nd floor of the Humanities & Social Sciences Library, McLennan Library Building.
- Extremely low use journals are being moved to the Currie Gym. Microfilm has been moved to the Humanities and Social Sciences Library. Education Theses and Special Projects will be shelved with the main collection on the 2nd floor of the McLennan Library Building.
- Should you need any assistance locating an item or requesting an item through interlibrary loan, please contact staff at the Curriculum Resources Centre (514-398-5726, education [dot] library [at] mcgill [dot] ca).
- Curriculum Resource Centre Update (excerpted from memo dated March 3, 2014, sent out by the Faculty of Education (https://www.mcgill.ca/channels/news/education-curriculum-resources-centre-update-233825).
- The Library Services desk has moved to the back room, which is now the Education Curriculum Resources Centre.
- Reserves materials are also located in the back. They are self-serve. Please use the self-check machine or have a library staff member sign them out for you.
- There are new hours (set by the Faculty of Education) for access to the Education study space (the former Library space).
Education Study Space Hours
Monday to Thursday 9:00am – 7:00pm
Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
To speak with a librarian, drop by the office during the following hours:
Librarian Office hours
Monday or Tuesday 11:00am – 1:00pm
Wednesday 3:00pm – 5:00pm
Friday 10:00am – 12:00pm
- For a full listing of hours please consult the Education Curriculum Resources Centre web page here.