Congratulations to Dr. Nada Jabado, Professor in the Division on Hematology-Oncology, on receiving the following grants as PI:
- An Operating Grant 2020 from the Cancer Research Society, Genome Quebec, for the project titled, "Understanding the impact of H3.3 G34 mutations in childhood brain tumors", for to years totaling $120,000.
- A Program Project (P01) grant from the National Institutes of Health/NCI for the project titled, "Role of Histone and Histone-like Mutations in the Oncogenesis of Human Cancers", for five years, totaling $1,116,020 USD.
Congratulations to Dr. Janusz Rak, Professor and Associate Member in the Division of Hematology-Oncology, for securing the following funding:
- Cancer Research Society (CRS - Operating) – Exosomal representation of new vulnerabilities induced in glioma stem cells by therapy; Principal Investigator (co-PIs – Kevin Petrecca, Yasser Riazalhosseini); Sep 2020 – Aug 2022, $120,000.
- MI4 - The McGill Interdisciplinary Initiative in Infection and Immunity COVID‐19 Research Funding (ECRF) program grant: Exosomal mimetics of COVID-19 as viral models and therapeutics. Principal Investigator (co-PI Dongsic Choi, Maziar Divangahi); May 1st 2020 – Dec 31st 2021; $100,000.
- MI4 - The McGill Interdisciplinary Initiative in Infection and Immunity Grant: Targeting oncosome educated neutrophil subsets to curtail breast cancer metastasis. Principal Investigator (second PI Peter Siegel); June 1st 2020 – Dec 31, 2021; $150,000.
- The Kidney Foundation of Canada (KFOC), Program Kidney Health Research Grant Grant: Targeting cell intrinsic and extrinsic effects of branched-chain aminoacid metabolism in renal cell carcinoma: Pripcipal Investigator (CoApplicants: Yasser Rianzalhosseini, Pouria Jandaghi); Sep 2020 – Aug. 2022; $120,000.