The Department of Pediatrics is happy to announce the 2018-2019 recipients for Innovation Fund Awards. This annual $100,000 opportunity is meant to provide support for five projects formulated by membership targeting efforts in clinical innovation.
This year, due to quality and budgeting, the number of projects that will be funded has expanded to 6 in total. The projects that were selected are as follows:
- Anaphylaxis in the Emergency Room: Are we treating it poorly? - Dr. Moshe Ben-Shoshan
- Quality Improvement Initiative: Implementation of a Surge and Overcapacity Plan at the Montreal Children’s Hospital - Dr. Tanya Di Genova
- Reducing Unnecessary Antibiotics in Critically Ill Infants with Viral Bronchitis - Dr. Patricia Fontela
- Transforming care for the most vulnerable children: piloting and evaluating a Newcomer Navigator for the Montreal Children’s Hospital Multicultural Clinic - Dr. Patricia Li
- Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia Collaborative: Strategy for the Implementation of Evidence and Consensus-Based Clinical Management Guidelines - Dr. Pramod Puligandla
- PAD your ICU (Phase Two) - Dr. Samara Zavalkoff
Thank you to all who put forward a project for consideration.
Congratulations to all who were selected!