This is a two hour mandatory training for members of academic search committees. Topics covered include:
- Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) imperatives in the Canadian academy;
- Understanding obligations and objectives under Quebec legislation and McGill's employment equity policy;
- Strategic and active recruitment techniques to establish a diverse and excellent applicant pool;
- Strategies and tools for enhancing equity in the review process
This training is based on peer-reviewed literature and participants will have access upon request to supplemental information with material relevant to the field in which their search is being conducted.
Please note that faculty serving on search committees need to refresh their training every three years.
View the 2021-2022 workshop dates below and register.
- October 29, 2021: 2 pm - 3:30 pm (Online)