Antimicrobials in the era of AMR Virtual event November 19th 2021 at 14:00 EDT
During World Antimicrobial Awareness Week (Nov. 18-24 2021), the McGill AMR Centre and Innovation + Partnership office are hosting the inaugural McGill AMR Innovation Summit, a virtual event aimed at discussing antimicrobial R&D and building collaborations and partnerships between McGill scientists and non-academic stakeholders.
- 14:00-14:30 Keynote speaker Erin Duffy, PhD | “Building a Portfolio of Products to Address AMR” (public event)
- 14:30-15:00 Panel discussion (public event)
- 15:00-16:00 Industry-Academic networking event (private event)
Keynote speaker Erin Duffy, PhD, Chief of Research & Development, CARB-X
CARB-X is a global non-profit partnership dedicated to accelerating antibacterial research to tackle the global rising threat of drug-resistant bacteria. CARB-X funds the world’s largest early development pipeline of new antibiotics, vaccines, rapid diagnostics, and other products to prevent, diagnose and treat life-threatening bacterial infections. Prior to CARB-X, she worked at Melinta Therapeutics (fka Rib-X Pharmaceuticals) where she became EVP, Chief Scientific Officer. Erin began her career in the Central Research Labs of Pfizer as a computational chemist and structural biologist.
Panel Discussion Challenges and Opportunities for Antimicrobial Research and Development in the Era of AMR
With experts from industry and academia.
• Erin Duffy, PhD, Chief of Research & Development, CARB-X
• Joseph Mancini, PhD, Head of Pharmacology and Biologics, Senior Director at adMare BioInnovations
• Nicolas Moitessier, PhD, Professor in Chemistry (McGill), co-founder of Molecular Forecaster
• Martin Schmeing, PhD, Professor in Biochemistry (McGill), Director of Centre for Structural Biology
• Makeda Semret, MSc, MD, FRCPC, Associate Professor of Medicine, Infectious Diseases and Medical Microbiology (McGill); Lead, Antimicrobial Stewardship Program (MUHC)
• Christopher Tan, PhD, Director, BD&L, Infectious Diseases & Vaccines, Merck & Co., Inc.
If you have any questions, please contact us at amrcentre [at] mcgill.ca