Greening McTavish (SP0053)
Excepts from the SPF presentation: 3 tests of different Green Streets techniques on McGill downtown campus:
- Taking the opportunity of a temporary situation;
- Measuring the impact on the community (users, maintenance teams, etc.);
- Evaluating the possible integration within this particular context.
- Student implication: needs to be linked with a class supervised by a teacher;
- Impact needed at Convocation in May and at the end of August - September;
- All materials were reused after the summer;
- Test one is reused this summer;
- These installations occupied the street: reduces the parking possibility. Was successful in not having stopped vehicles on the street;
- It animated the street giving also a visual impact;
- Decrease the heat island effect on the street;
Find out more information about Greening McTavish!
Email project leader, emmanuelle [dot] lapointe [at] mcgill [dot] ca (Emmanuelle Lapointe)