Most undergraduate research opportunities are not advertised (before a student signs up). Some are advertised, but not most.
This is also true for 396 projects.
Please refer to our Project list.
- allow undergraduate Science students to conduct an independent research project under the supervision of a McGill professor;
- contain a significant research component that requires substantial independent work by students;
- feature a final report worth at least 50% of the final grade;
- are elective courses;
- can be taken outside your own department (i.e., by students whose major is outside the offering unit);
- count towards the requirements of the Dean's Multidisciplinary Undergraduate Research List (DMURL);
- can be taken after one term of undergraduate studies; and
- are not available under the satisfactory/unsatisfactory option.
See also the "General prerequisites" section below.