Academic standing matters are the jurisdiction of the Student Standing and Promotions Committee. This committee is composed of faculty and student representatives and meets at least three times a year to review the performance of all students in the Ingram School of Nursing. For more information on the scope of this committee and over which matters it presides, consult Section 3 - Evaluation and Academic Standing - Undergraduate Programs of the School of Nurising Faculty and Student Handbook. In this section, you will also find information pertaining to:
- Standing (Statisfactory, Probationary, Unsatisfactory, Interim standings, Clinical Alert)
- Examination Policies and Procedures
- Time for Completion of the Degree
- Leave of Absence (LOA)
- Pregnancy and Parental Leave
- Readmission - Unsatisfactory Readmit
- Accomodation for Student Athletes and Student Leadership Roles
- Accomodation for Student with Religious Obligations
- Coming to McGill on Exchange
There are two separate Standings and Promotions committees at the graduate level - one for Master's and one for Doctoral students. These committees submit recommendations to the Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Office on all matters that affect student standing, promotion and graduation.
For more information, consult the Rules and Regualtions section fo the Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Calendar found here.