The Department of Jewish Studies, McGill University, invites applications for the Simon and Ethel Flegg Postdoctoral Research Fellowship. The fellowship is for the 2016-17 academic year and can be renewed once. Scholars in all fields of Jewish Studies are encouraged to apply. The Flegg postdoctoral fellow will teach one course in both fall and winter terms, deliver a public lecture during the academic year, and participate actively in the intellectual life of the department. The successful candidate will receive a stipend of $50,000 CAD (plus benefits), in addition to a research allowance of $8500. Applicants must have received their PhD after June 2012 and have PhD in hand by June 1, 2016.
Applications must include:
1) a one-page statement of interest detailing the proposed research project.
2) a full curriculum vitae
3) an official copy of university graduate transcripts (if provided by the university)
4) a copy of the doctoral diploma or a letter from the Department Chair specifying the defense date
5) three letters of recommendation, one of which must speak to competence in teaching
6) a writing sample, not to exceed 20 pages
7) a 500 word statement of teaching interests.
All materials should be sent electronically to flegg [dot] jewishstudies [at] mcgill [dot] ca For questions about the postdoc, please contact Prof. Daniel Heller at daniel [dot] heller [at] mcgill [dot] ca Electronic letters of recommendation should be attached as PDF documents only or sent directly by the referee. All materials must arrive by December 1, 2015.