Change your McGill Password Today!
IT Services strongly urges all students, faculty and staff to change your McGill Password as soon as possible.
View the McGill Password Reset Checklist for instructions and important notes.
Responsible Use of IT Resources
Protecting Systems and Devices
- Best Practices (Backups, OS security, etc.)
- Antivirus software
- Recommended Security Settings (for smartphones and other mobile devices)
- Computer Theft
- Remotely wipe your BlackBerry, iPhone, or other ActiveSync device in the event of loss or theft.
- Securely Delete files
- Storage & Backup
- Handling Sensitive Data (where data can/cannot be stored)
- Encryption (hard disk, USB key)