Free Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus software
Good news for McGill students: no need to buy Office software; you get it for FREE with Office 365 ProPlus.Find out more
Free Antivirus Software
Install your McGill-provided antivirus solution today. It's FREE!Get it now
Trend Titanium 2014 now available!
Need IT help?
The IT Service Desk is your first point of contact for all IT services.Contact us
NEW: McGill IT Security Awareness Training
Learn how to spot phishing scamsFind out more
Change your McGill Password Today!
IT Services strongly urges all students, faculty and staff to change your McGill Password as soon as possible.Do it now
McGill has a new VPN
It's more secure and available for Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS and Android.Set up your VPN connection today
NOTE: VPN is NOT needed to access Library resources.
Email and CalendaringCentralized email services for the McGill community, including anti-spam and email archiving software.
Telephone, Network and WirelessTelephone, voicemail, wired and wireless network services for the McGill community.
- Computer and Network Security
- Contact Lists for Mobile Devices (CL2Go)
- eduroam - Roaming Wireless Authentication
- Mobile Device Purchases
- Network and IP Management for LAN Administrators
- Telephony at McGill
- Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- Voice Mail Desktop Messaging
- Web Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- Wired Network Connectivity
- Wireless Network Connectivity
- Wireless Access to McGill's network from the MUHC
- Wireless Connectivity in REZ
- Wireless Connectivity on McGill's Inter-campus Shuttle Bus
Teaching and LearningTools to enhance the learning experience and manage courses and course evaluations.
- Academic Laptop Tablet Program
- Active Learning Classrooms
- Classroom Audiovisual Support Services
- Classroom AV Instructions tool
- Exam Scoring and Scanning
- Lecture Recording for Instructors
- Lecture Recording for Students
- Mercury Online Course Evaluations for Faculty and Staff
- Mercury Online Course Evaluations for Students
- myCourses for Instructors
- myCourses for Students
- Quiz and Survey Authoring Software (Respondus)
- Secure Exams
- SMART interactive whiteboards and interactive podiums
- Student Response System (Clickers) for Instructors
- Student Response System (Clickers) for Students
- Student Response System (Clickers) - Bulk Loans
myMcGill, Minerva and Other SystemsSystems for the McGill community to perform business and administrative tasks.
- Alumni Online Community
- Athletics On-Line Services
- Banner (Internet Native Banner)
- Business Intelligence
- Charlotte Intranet for UA
- Course Equivalency Database
- Data Warehouse Service
- Facilities and Space Mgt. System (FAMIS)
- James Database for UA
- McGill in Mind
- McGill MarketPlace (e-procurement)
- Minerva for Faculty and Staff
- Minerva for Students and Guests
- myMcGill (Portal)
- Online Surveys
- Present Time Management System
- Project and Portfolio Management (PPM)
- Graduate Admissions Processing (uApply)
- Visual Schedule Builder (VSB)
- Web Reports (via BOE Server)
IT Services for ResearchDoing research at McGill? These services may be especially useful to you.
Tools for Service CentresTools to manage interaction with customers and support your service centre offerings.
Logins and PasswordsUser authentication credentials required to access most IT Services.
Computers, Servers and PrintingComputers on campus, file storage / management, server hosting and administration.
- Academic Laptop Program
- Administrative Computer Renewal Program
- Computer Labs
- Data Recovery
- File Storage and File Management
- Hardware and Software Support
- Laptop (and Tablet) Computer Repairs
- Oracle Database Administration
- Server Hosting
- uPrint - Campus Printing for Faculty and Staff
- uPrint - Campus Printing for Students
- Virtualization Server
SoftwareFree and for-purchase software for the McGill Community.
- Instant Messaging Software (Lync)
- JMP Statistical Visualization Software
- Maple Mathematics Software
- MATLAB Computational Software
- McGill Parents Mobile App
- Microsoft Campus Agreement (On-campus)
- Microsoft Campus Agreement (Work at Home)
- Office 365 ProPlus for Students
- Software Licensing
- SPSS Statistical Software
Audiovisual and MultimediaServices to record and play media in classrooms and across campus, for ongoing lectures or one-time events.
- Audio Production
- Audiovisual Installation and Modification
- Audiovisual Equipment Loans
- Audiovisual Repairs
- Audiovisual Support for Events
- Classroom Audiovisual Support Services
- Live-Event Capture and Broadcast / AV Streaming
- Public Display Screens
- Satellite Feeds
- Television and Radio Broadcast Studio
- Video Hosting
- Video Production Services
- Web Conferencing