CaPS Acquisitions Update (June 2011)
CaPS Acquisitions Update - June 2011
Check out our new career books and resources to help you to plan and get your dream career.
CaPS, Brown Student Services Building (room 2200)
- CaPS Graduate Career Month 2011 - Getting What You Want: The Art of Negotiation Presentation [DVD]
- CaPS Graduate Career Month 2011 - Managing Your Finances as a Graduate Student [DVD]
- CaPS Graduate Career Month 2011 - Pharma Careers 101: An Overview [DVD]
Specialized Studies and Study Skills
- Becoming A Writer
- Business School Confidential - A Complete Guide to the Business School Experience: By Students, for Students
- Global Classroom, (The): An Essential Guide to Study Abroad
- Law School Confidential - A Complete Guide to the Business School Experience: By Students, for Students
- Med School Confidential - A Complete Guide to the Business School Experience: By Students, for Students
- Writing Your Dissertation in Fifteen Minutes a Day: A Guide to Starting, Revising, and Finishing Your Doctoral Thesis
Résumé, Job Search, Networking and Interview
- 101 Great Résumés (3rd ed.)
- 301 Best Questions to Ask on Your Interview (2nd ed.)
- 96 Great Interview Questions to Ask before You Hire
- Guerrilla Marketing for Job Hunters 3.0: How to Stand Out From the Crowd and Tap into the Hidden Job Market Using Social media and 999 Other Tactics Today
- Highly Effective Networking: Meet the Right People and Get A Great Job
- Job Interview Phrase Book, (The), The Things to Say to Get You the Job You Want
- Job-Hunting Online (5th ed.)
- Networking For People Who Hate Networking: A Field Guide for Introverts, the Overwhelmed, and the Underconnected
- Careers in Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources
- Rethinking Information Work: A Career Guide for Librarians and Other Information Professionals
Country-Specific Information and Personal Development
- Big Trip, (The): Your Ultimate Guide to Gap Years and Overseas Adventures (2nd ed.)
- Living and Working in Australia (7th ed.)
- Self-Promotion for Introverts: The Quiet Guide to Getting Ahead
- Transitions: Making Sense of Life's Changes (2nd ed.)
- US Immigration Handbook
Magazines and Serials (Online and Print)
Accessible via myFuture (Shortcuts: View Career Resources -> Type: CaPS -> Subscription. Click "Apply Search"):
- Artsboard: Canada's employment and training e-bulletin for the Arts.
- Canada Employment Weekly: Weekly job opportunities from across Canada.
- Current Jobs in Liberal Arts: An entry-level employment.
- International Career Employment Weekly: Weekly source of information on international career positions.
- TIE - The International Educator: News and international teaching jobs.
- Job Postings: A magazine that gives students more than practical advice on education and job hunting.
- University Affairs: A magazine for and about Canada’s university community.
- Verge Magazine: A magazine for exploring opportunities to study, work and volunteer abroad.
Labour Market Information / Online Career Resources
- Labour Market Information: CAPSScoop (June Issue)
- Going Global (require VPN): Worldwide job and internship listings, employer profiles, and country-specific career information.
- Big Guide (require VPN): A comprehensive interactive web site that helps students and young professionals build global career skills.
- Vault Guide (Career Insider) (require VPN): Downloadable career guidebooks, insider company surveys, industry profile, career advice.
- Bridge - Worldwide Music Connection: Music-related postings. Contact McGill CaPS for username and password.
- Devex (require VPN): International development premium job board.
- Career Cruising: An industry-leading online career guidance and planning system. Contact McGill CaPS for username and password.
Search our book catalogue and website directory for more career resources, covering graduate school, networking, occupational descriptions, employer directories, self-improvement, and everything in between.