- Annual Conference of the Canadian Anthropology Society/Société canadienne d'anthropologie (CASCA)
- Annual Meeting of the American Anthropological Association (AAA)
Other Events Relating to Anthropology
- The STANDD speaker series (Centre for Society, Technology and Development) hosts lectures relating to society, technology and development (and provides free lunch!) on Fridays from 12:30 to 2:30 pm.
- Geospectives is the McGill Geography Department Lecture Series on geography and related topics.
- The McGill Sociology seminar series features presentations on a variety of topics from visiting local and international speakers once a week.
- The McGill Social Studies of Medicine seminar series hosts lectures relating to medicine and society, offered by visiting scholars from around the world.
- A number of events are hosted by the First Peoples' House, including an annual Pow Wow, an Education Day and the Aboriginal Health Career Day.
- The McGill Institute for the Study of Canada (MISC) hosts an annual conference on topics that matter to Canadians in addition to periodic lectures, symposiums and other events.
- The Quebec Centre for Biodiversity Science also hosts an annual conference on urban ecosystems and biodiversity, a symposium and a variety of seminars over the course of the year. Click on their "Events" tab at the top of the home page to find out more.
- The McGill Institute for the Study of International Development (ISID) seminar series features regular talks on topics relating to development, policy and global economics.
General McGill Events
- Check out the McGill Community Calendar for a list of events, including visiting speakers.
A number of anthropology undergraduate students' ethnologies have been published by McGraw-Hill Ryerson. Please check out the following website to see what our students have been up to: http://www.mcgrawhill.ca/college/AnthroReadings/