Book an appointment

You can book an appointment with a Hub professional by calling our number or by coming in person.


Unsure if your insurance covers services you may receive at McGill or off campus?

Read on to learn more! And make sure that your insurance card is always valid and up to date.

Canadian Residents

If you’re a Canadian resident, your doctor or psychiatrist will bill your province for any fees incurred if you bring your valid provincial health care card (B.C. CareCard, OHIP card, etc.) and student ID every time you visit. If you don’t, you may have to pay out-of-pocket (debit or credit only). 

You must also contact your provincial health agency to inform them that you’ll be studying outside of the province or your health coverage may be cancelled, in which case you’ll have to pay out-of-pocket. 

To find out about your province's guidelines, visit our list of provincial and territorial health insurance links found below. 

Canadian Citizens without Provincial Residency

If you are a Canadian citizen without Provincial Residency, please visit the International Student Services Health Insurance website for more information.

International Students

If you're an international student with the McGill Blue Cross Health Insurance coverage, you can bring your insurance card to the Student Wellness Hub and your insurance company will be billed. Please bring your valid insurance card and student ID to each visit, or you'll have to pay for any charges incurred (debit or credit only).

For additional information about the McGill Blue Cross plan, you can visit the International Students Health Insurance website. 

You can obtain or renew your health card right on Minerva.

Supplemental Insurance

You may also be enrolled in a Supplemental Health and Dental Plan. For details on the Studentcare plan, what's covered and how to opt out, please check the Student Accounts website.