An introduction to McGill's design system intended for UI designers, developers, and others with a strong interest in branding and user experience. Note that this course is not necessary for users of the WMS and other centrally managed platforms - these systems use our design system by default.
This course covers:
- The principles designers across McGill use to plan and evaluate their work
- Guidelines for understanding and applying brand values to create original UI designs
- An introduction to the McGill component library and design system compliance tiers
The course material also includes worksheets and process recommendations to facilitate the design and development of high-quality, brand-aligned and user-centric web platforms. Upon completion of the course, participants will be granted access to the component library (once available) and digital design meetup group.
Mandatory for designers and managers working outside the WMS:
- Anyone who has web design (UI design) in their mandate
- Anyone who manages someone with a UI design mandate
- Anyone who wishes to hire a freelancer or agency for a web/UI design mandate
To register for this course, please visit the Training Request Form on Minerva (McGill username and password required).
Not sure which courses to take? Head over to course requirements.