What can Google Analytics do for you?
You may have anecdotal evidence of how people use your website, but unless you've seen the traffic data, you're missing a big part of the picture.
Google Analytics data can tell you:
- How many people are visiting your site, and where they're coming from
- What pages are attracting the most traffic
- What websites are sending traffic to your site
- How long people are spending navigating your site or viewing particular pages
- How many pages are viewed in an average visit
How do I get it?
google.analytics [at] mcgill.ca (E-mail us) to sign up for weekly or monthly Google Analytics traffic reports to receive regular data on how many people your site is reaching and how they're using your site. Analyzing this data can be immensely helpful in improving your site's user experience by identifying pages that need attention.
Site managers can write to request these reports, which are available for all McGill's WMS (Drupal) sites and most of its WordPress ones. If you'd like some help analyzing and interpreting these reports, you can also request a one-on-one consultation.