French Workshop Request Form for McGill Faculty of Medicine Students
Note: As learners in the Faculty of Medicine (UGME, PGME and the Schools) you will interact with francophone patients and their family. In order to make this easier for you, the Faculty of Medicine has organized a Medical French Conversation Course on Saturday mornings from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm.
Please complete this electronic form if you are interested in taking the Medical French Workshop. Follow these steps:
- Sign up here using the form below.
Whether you are a new or returning student, who needs to take the placement test or not, you need to register and be present on the date you have picked.
- Bring payment ($20 for the placement test, $230 for the workshop, debit and credit cards only- no cash and no cheque) to the placement test you signed up for. Please note that you will not be allowed to sit the placement test if you do not bring the payment with you.
- If you do not need to sit the placement test, you still need to present yourself on the registered date and make the appropriate payment.
- You need to download, print and fill up the necessary documents (found online): the waiver (if you are a true beginner and do not want to take the test) and the contract (for all students).
- Upon payment, you are automatically registered for classes. If you register for the placement test but do not present yourself to make the necessary payment and drop off the documents, you will not be registered.
For first-time registrants, a placement test is mandatory unless you are a true beginner in which case you will indicate that on the registration form and sign a waiver to that effect. Dates of placement tests are found below.
For those of you who are currently (or have been) enrolled or who have taken one of our recognized placement tests in the past, you are exempt from the placement test. Registration online and payment on the chosen date is still mandatory – please indicate the last session you were registered in the workshops or when you took the placement test with us (e.g. FALL 2018).
If you have taken another French placement test or course within the last year at McGill (CEFN/CFRN/FRSL), then you are exempt from taking the placement test. You will need to send the French Medical Workshop administrator your official results, at the latest, one week after the last placement test has taken place. Any other tests or French courses are not recognized.
For all registrants – you must come in person to one of the placement tests (within the first 20 minutes) to provide payment, to hand in a printed and completed contract and placement test waiver (if you are a true beginner).
Should a student need to withdraw, you must advise the French Medical Workshop administrator no later than the Monday after the 1st Saturday session, in writing. Otherwise, no refund will be given.
Dates for Placement Test
|Deadline for registering online||
|January 10th, 2019||2:30-4:00 pm||680 rue Sherbrooke O.||January 7th, 2019||2020|
|January 11th, 2019||3:30-5:00 pm||680 rue Sherbrooke O.||January 8th, 2019||2020|
Note: A minimum number of students must register in each workshop level in order for any of the workshops to run. A student who misses the first 3 lessons without valid reason will be barred from the remainder of the course.
See the following documents: