Default Period: Wednesday, November 12 to Sunday, December 21, 2014
Condensed Period: Wednesday, November 12 to Sunday, December 7, 2014 (click here to view units that are following the condensed period)
Any questions? Write to: mercury [dot] info [at] mcgill [dot] ca
- Monitor response rates and post a message on myCourses. See a video example of one instructor's experience.
- Ask students to bring their laptops, smartphones, or tablets to class and allow time to fill them out during class. It can be helpful to do this at the beginning of the class, or during conferences, tutorials, or labs. Note that you and any Teaching Assistants must leave the room during this process;
- Through myCourses, you can post announcements in the News tool, add “Course Evaluations” to your course navigation bar, add a widget to your homepage about the importance of course evaluations, and more. Instructions are available here;
- Talk to your students about the value you place on course evaluations and describe changes that you have made to your course in response to previous feedback;
- Let students know if you have agreed to disseminate the results—students are more inclined to complete course evaluations if they know that they and future students will have access to the results. Instructions to grant or deny permission are available here.