TISED invites membership applications from professors in McGill's Faculty of Engineering who share TISED’s vision for a critical role for engineering and design in integrated approaches towards achieving greater sustainability in our environment, economy and society.
Benefits of TISED Membership
As a TISED member, you’ll have access to a roster of benefits, such as:
- Grant and funding opportunities
- Professional development & networking opportunities with industry professionals and fellow researchers
- Promotional services of your research through the TISED network (social media, website, prints and newsletter.)
- Industry and research updates
TISED also supports members with their research by providing:
- Administrative support for activities and programs to members to organize teaching and research workshops and seminars insights and research on topics relating to sustainable engineering and design.
- Opportunities for collaboration with Institut de l'énergie Trottier (IET) at Polytechnique Montréal, our Scholars-in-Residence program, on such activities as research and preparation of white papers.
TISED Members Roles
- Commit to periodically serving on committees for planning and organizing TISED's educational, research, outreach, and policy-related events, programs, and activities. Generally, the commitments will not exceed five hours per year.
- Commit to providing information for preparation of TISED annual reports and other publications as needed.
Note that if you are not a faculty member in McGill's Faculty of Engineering, you may be eligible for TISED Associate Membership instead. We do not have student membership at this time.
How To Become A TISED Member:
Membership is open to tenured or tenure-track faculty members in McGill's Faculty of Engineering interested in supporting the mission and activities of TISED.
Members’ Research interests are in sustainability and/or aligned with TISED's priority areas:
- Sustainable Infrastructure and Urban Development
- Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency
- Sustainable Industrial Processes and Manufacturing
- Climate Change Adaptation and Resilience
Apply for TISED Membership
To apply for TISED Membership, please log in at the top of the page and submit the webform below. We will review your application and reply to you soon. Be aware that should you be approved for TISED membership, we may publish some of the information you provide in this webform on our Members' page. Should you have any questions, please contact us at tised [at] mcgill.ca.