Starting October 9, 2019 Virtual Private Network (VPN) users will notice two changes when logging in:
- When signing in to VPN, all users will be directed to a login form similar to the one used for Office 365.
- Those who have opted in to Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) will be prompted to authenticate both on and off-campus.
For more information on 2FA at McGill, please visit mcgill.ca/2fa. Applying 2FA is strongly recommended in order to secure your personal information.
Please refer to the following resources for more information:
- Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) at McGill
- “Will 2FA affect my Virtual Private Network (VPN) access?” (2FA Frequently Asked Questions)
- VPN Service Description: Virtual Private Network (VPN) for remote access
If you require additional assistance, please contact the IT Service Desk.