KANATA Volume 6: Call for Submissions!!
KANATA, the Undergraduate Journal of the Indigenous Studies Community of McGill University is calling for submissions for its sixth volume.
KANATA is an interdisciplinary student-published journal with content that focuses on topics relating to Indigenous Peoples of North America. In the midst of the national uprising and international movement, Idle No More, KANATA is committed to engaging in dialogue with the greater community on Indigenous issues and creating platforms for the sharing of knowledge. We work in the spirit of raising consciousness and enriching our education; in solidarity with Indigenous Peoples everywhere.
- Writing from any academic discipline (A-range papers, 15 pages maximum double-spaced, excluding references)
- Non-academic writing and Art including short stories (fiction & non-fiction), poetry, personal reflections, paintings, photography, photo essays, etc.
- KANATA prioritizes publishing undergraduate work although unpublished material from all levels is also accepted
- Priority is given to McGill students for academic submissions, however students and non-students outside of McGill are encouraged to submit as well
- Please include references for all academic work, your full name, and the academic institution or community you are a member of
Deadline for Submissions: February 4, 2013
kanata.mcgill [at] gmail.com (Send us submissions or contact us for more information).