Making the world a more sustainable place is a big job that is better accomplished with friends. To help build community and spark great ideas, the McGill Office of Sustainability hosts Sustainability Fridays gatherings every month during the Fall and Winter terms at McGill. These informal networking events give students, faculty, and staff working on—or interested in—sustainability a chance to come together to share a snack, a drink, and stories of their latest projects.
Events are held from 4:00-6:00pm in Maude Abbott Lounge at the McGill Faculty Club.
Accessibility: Wheelchair-users and others with restricted mobility can access the Faculty Club through a wheelchair entrance located in the rear of the building and all levels are accessible by a public elevator. There are accessible men's, women's, and unisex washrooms on the first floor. Free admission.
Goals of Sustainability Fridays
- Create a regular meeting point for stakeholders engaged in sustainability to gather and build a sense of excitement and cohesion in the community
- Provide an opportunity for those less involved to be introduced to the sustainability community in a non-project-based, fun way
- Foster organic conversation on timely and multi-stakeholder themes
- Increase the visibility of the sustainability movement at McGill
Who comes to Sustainability Fridays?
- A crossover of students, staff and faculty with common interests and initiatives
- New and interested McGill community members
- Alumni and friends of McGill
Upcoming Sustainability Friday Events:
September 29, 2017
Meet the people and project building sustainability at McGill.
|October 27, 2017||
Can we innovate our way to a sustainable future?
|December 1, 2017||
Celebrating the 2017-2020 Climate & Sustainability Action Plan.
|January 26, 2018||
Building a more equitable and inclusive sustainability culture at McGill.
|February 23, 2018||
Indigeneity and Sustainability at McGill.
|March 23, 2018||
Why accessibility is crucial for sustainability.
NB* This event will be held at the Office for Students with Disabilities, in Sherbrooke 1010, rm 410