The course of study is aimed to McGill full-time students in good standing. Familiarity with Italian is recommended but not required. Priority will be given to students registered in a Major, or if applicable a Minor, in the School of Religious Studies, in the Department of History and Classical Studies, or in the Department of Languages, Literatures and Cultures. Students in 2nd or 3rd year of their Bachelor Degree will be given preference. Students must have a minimum CGPA of 3.0 to be considered for this program.
Tuition and fees
Students participating in the McGill Summer Studies in Italy are eligible to apply for the Schull Yang International Experience Award to offset the cost of international activity.
The Schull Yang International Experience Award
The Schull Yang International Experience Award, supported by Joseph Schull (BA ‘82, MA ’85) and Anna Yang (BCL, LLB ’88), helps students gain first hand international experience related to their fields of study. The award is meant to provide partial funding to assist students with travel and other expenses related to their international experience. The Schull Yang International Experience Award is part of the McGill International Experience Awards initiative. For more information, click here.
Award value: $1,500 CAN
Application Deadline: March 30, 2020 at 12:00 PM ( noon)
For more detailed information :The Schull Yang International Award
- Housing: Room and half board (breakfast and one meal a day) will be available in a student residence near campus.
- Airfare :Airfare is not included in the course fees.
- Local Transportation: Metro passes are included in the course fees.
- Course Fees: Course fees may not be 100% refundable; depending on drop date.
- Tuition Fees:Tuition fees are refundable if course is dropped within the add/drop period.
- Registration Deadline: March 16, 2020
- First day of class: June 8th, 2020
- Add Drop: Sunday, June 11th, 2020
- Last Day of Class: July 4th, 2020
- Statutory Holidays: As these courses are taught abroad, the statutory holidays of June 24th and July 1st do not apply. Classes will be scheduled on these days.