Registration for Management Students
- It is your responsibility to register on time. Failure to register for courses when the registration period begins may delay graduation and completion of program requirements. Space is limited.
- Priority registration for Fall and Winter courses will begin May/June for returning BCom students. Priority registration in Management courses for Summer opens in early March. Exact dates may be obtained from mcgill.ca/importantdates.
- All courses have limited enrolment. BCom students who are unable to register for required or complementary courses that they need in order to graduate on time should submit a copy of the Closed Course Request form to the BCom Student Affairs Office after registration in June. During the add/drop periods, Closed Course Request forms will not be accepted. Exact deadlines may be obtained from mcgill.ca/importantdates.
- BCom students are not permitted to take courses offered through the School of Continuing Studies for credit toward their degree.
- New students must select their area(s) of specialization online using Minerva before they are permitted to register for courses. The program options available are found in the Change your Curriculum module of the Student Menu. Please note that this can be changed at any time.
- Full-time students must register for courses online using Minerva. Additional information for new students is distributed at the time of admission and is also available on the Faculty website's Newly admitted BCom students section, and mcgill.ca/student-records. Information for returning students and part-time students is available in the BCom Office as of March.
- If you want to change the courses for which you are registered within the add/drop period, you must do so online using Minerva.
- If you want to withdraw from a course after the add/drop deadline, you must do so online using Minerva by the withdrawal deadline. A grade of W will be indicated on the transcript, which does not affect your GPA. Approval to withdraw after the withdrawal deadline will be granted only in exceptional circumstances. A written request for such consideration, accompanied by substantial documentation, must be submitted to the BCom Associate Director. If your circumstances require you to withdraw from your program completely, you should see an adviser in the BCom Student Affairs Office.
- When your record is verified, any courses taken that violate the degree regulations will be flagged after the end of the course change period as “not for credit towards the BCom”. As a result, your expected date of graduation may be delayed. If you believe that you have valid reasons to take a course that may not be credited toward your B.Com. degree, you must obtain permission from the BCom Associate Director.
Programs, Courses and University Regulations—2023-2024 (last updated Aug. 30, 2023) (disclaimer)
Desautels Faculty of Management—2023-2024 (last updated Aug. 30, 2023) (disclaimer)