Electives for Management Students
Students must take a minimum of:
- 6 credits of non-Management electives in the three-year program; or
- 9 credits of non-Management electives in the four-year program.
This requirement does not apply to those completing any minor outside of Management, or a major in Economics, Mathematics, or Statistics, or any of the Economics Honours or Joint Honours programs.
Non-Management electives may be chosen from a broad range of faculties and departments, subject to the exclusions of Course Overlap regarding Statistics, Computer, and Economics courses, and the restrictions listed below.
- Agricultural & Environmental Sciences:
- - The following courses are not approved and may not be taken for credit within the BCom program: AEMA 101, AEMA 102, AEMA 310, AGEC 200, AGEC 201, AGEC 242, AGEC 320, AGEC 330, AGEC 450, and BREE 103.
- - All courses are approved, subject to Course Overlap and the above notes, with a maximum of 6 credits approved in CEAP, CEEN, CEGL, and CESL (combined), or SWRK (adviser's approval only).
- - ECON 208, ECON 209, ECON 217, and ECON 227 may not be taken for credit within the BCom program.
- - A maximum of 6 credits are approved from the following subject codes (combined): EDEA, EDEC, EDEE, EDEM, EDES, EDKP, and EDPT.
- - No courses are approved from subject codes EDET, EDFC, EDFE, or EDSL.
- - Most courses in subject codes ARCH, CHEE, CIVE, ECSE, MECH, MIME, URBP with approval of an adviser.
- - No courses are approved from subject codes FACC or MPMC.
- - The following courses are not approved: CHEE 291; CIVE 210, CIVE 432; ECSE 443; MECH 201, MECH 260, MECH 262, MECH 289; MIME 202, MIME 221, MIME 280, MIME 290, MIME 291, MIME 380, MIME 392, MIME 480, MIME 481, MIME 494.
- - All courses are approved in subject codes MUGT, MUHL, MUMT, MUPD, MUPP, MUSR, MUTH, and MUAR (taught by Arts).
- - A maximum of 6 credits is approved from the following (combined): MUCO, MUCT, MUEN, MUIN, MUIT, MUJZ, MUPG, and MUSP.