Overview of Programs Offered by the Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
The Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences and the School of Dietetics and Human Nutrition offer degrees, certificates, and diplomas in:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Bioresource Engineering)
- Bachelor of Science (Agricultural and Environmental Sciences)
- Bachelor of Science (Food Science)
- Bachelor of Science (Nutritional Sciences)
- Concurrent degree program in Food Science and Nutritional Sciences
- Certificate in Ecological Agriculture
- Certificate in Food Science
- Diploma in Environment
- Diploma of Collegial Studies in Farm Management and Technology
The Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences is one of the four faculties in partnership with the McGill School of Environment.
Several programs offered by the Faculty and School lead toward professional accreditation. These include:
- the Agricultural Economics Major and the Agro-Environmental Sciences Major – membership in the Ordre des agronomes du Québec and other provincial Institutes of Agriculture;
- Bioresource Engineering – membership as a professional engineer in any province of Canada plus the Ordre des agronomes du Québec;
- the Dietetics Major – membership in the Dietitians of Canada and the Ordre professionnel des diététistes du Québec;
- Food Science – accreditation by the Institute of Food Technologists and professional accreditation by the Ordre des chimistes du Québec.
Professional Practice experiences to complete the Dietetics practicum are provided in the McGill teaching hospitals and in a wide variety of health, education, business, government, and community agencies.
The Faculty also offers M.Sc. and Ph.D. programs in the areas of Agricultural Sciences, Biological Sciences, Bioresource Engineering, Biotechnology, Environmental Sciences, Food Science, and Nutritional Sciences. M.Sc.(Applied) programs are offered in some disciplines. In addition, a Graduate Certificate in Biotechnology, a Graduate Diploma in Dietitian Credentialing, a Graduate Certificate in Bioinformatics, and a Graduate Option in Environment are offered.