Graduation Honours: Honours and First-Class Honours for Faculties of Arts and Science (including B.A. & Sc.)
As a graduating student registered in an Honours program, you may be recommended for Honours or First-Class Honours by your department(s) to the Faculty, under the following conditions only:
- you must complete all requirements imposed by the department;
- for Honours, the CGPA at graduation must be at least 3.00;
- for First-Class Honours, the CGPA at graduation must be 3.50 or better;
- students in a Joint Honours program must satisfy the above criteria for both Joint Honours components;
- some departments have additional requirements which must be met before you are recommended for Honours or First-Class Honours (see the departmental entries).
Students in an Honours program whose program GPA or CGPA is below 3.00, or who did not satisfy certain additional program requirements, must consult their adviser to determine if they are eligible to graduate in a program other than Honours.