Transfer Credit and Advanced Standing
Students are admitted to a four-year program requiring the completion of 120 credits, but advanced standing of up to 30 credits may be granted if you have obtained satisfactory results in the Diploma of Collegial Studies, International Baccalaureate, French Baccalaureate, Advanced Levels, and Advanced Placement Tests. Students who transfer course credit from another institution may transfer up to one-third of the credits required in their degree program, including the concentration, major, or honours requirements under the following conditions:
- Only courses passed with a grade of C or better at the host institution will be transferred. Grades of C- are not acceptable.
- Grades of P or S are acceptable only if transferred from faculties within McGill.
- The letter grades applied by the former home institution or host institution (for exchanges and study away) take precedence over the numerical grades if provided.
- For exchange or study away purposes, it is required that course and credit approval is obtained before courses are taken at the host institution.
- The four-year program will require a minimum 80-credit residency at McGill.
- The three-year program will require a minimum 60-credit residency at McGill.