Law Students Association/Association des étudiants en droit
The Law Students Association (LSA)/Association des étudiants en droit (AED), founded before World War I and known for many years as the Law Undergraduate Society, is composed of all students in the Faculty of Law pursuing the B.C.L./ LL.B. degrees. The LSA Council, which represents the views and interests of the students in the Faculty, is made up of nine executive members, the class presidents, the four Faculty Council student members-at-large, and the Law Senator(s).
In addition to representing its constituents within the Faculty, the LSA/AED is responsible for promoting law student interests outside the Faculty in conjunction with other university, provincial, and national student organizations. The LSA/AED oversees a number of functions and activities affecting the students of the Faculty. Through its various committees, the LSA/AED oversees social events, sports (including participation in the Canada Law Games), orientation activities, the planning of Graduation activities, the production of the Yearbook, and the Computer Resources for students.
The LSA/AED also actively promotes social justice and advances the causes of minority groups within the Faculty.
The LSA/AED offices are located in the basement of New Chancellor Day Hall. For further information, call 514-398-6966.
You will find below a list of active student organizations. For more information about student activities please visit the LSA/AED website at www.lsa-aed.ca.
- Aboriginal Law Student Association
- Amnesty International Legal Network Action Group
- Asian Pacific Law Association McGill
- Black Law Students' Association of Canada
- Disability and the Law
- Environmental Law Association of McGill/Association de droit de l'environnement de McGill
- Graduate Law Students Association
- Human Rights Working Group
- International Law Society
- Labour and Employment Law Society
- Latin American Law Students' Association (LALSA)
- LEGALE McGill OutLaw (Les étudiants Gais et Lesbiennes de McGill)
- McGill Business Law Association
- McGill Entertainment Law Students Association (MELSA)
- McGill Health Law Association
- McGill Jewish Law Students Association
- McGill Law Women's Caucus
- McGill Radical Law Community/Communauté juridique radicale de McGill
- Phi Delta Phi
- Pro Bono Students Canada/Program Canadien pro bono pour étudiants et étudiantes
- Rethinking Intellectual Property Policy (RIPP)
- Student Animal Legal Defence Fund - McGill Chapter
- Thomas More Society