How to apply:
Fill out the the form which will be available on March 5th. Indicate whether you want to stay in your current room/residence or would like to live in another residence. You can also choose to live in either Greenbriar or Hutchison apartments. Details below:
Application for residences are accepted and accommodation is assigned based on the understanding that students are making a commitment for the full academic year. Upon acceptance into residences, students are committing to a lease under Québec law. Students who withdraw from McGill University Residences for either academic or non-academic reasons will be held financially responsible. See Cancellation Policies.
Hutchison Apartments are located on Hutchison Street, minutes away from the McGill Campus.
The Greenbriar Apartments are located on University Street, two minutes away from the Milton Gates which provide a thoroughfare to the McGill campus.
- Both buildings are conveniently situated close to grocery stores, pharmacies, restaurants and of course, Montreal's lively downtown area.
- The 11 month lease means that Greenbriar and Hutchison residents have the option of residing in Montreal for the full year — a pleasure that many students miss out on. Those who do not choose to remain in the city during the summer months are permitted to sublet their apartments. Information on how to sublet is distributed to students in early spring.
- Enjoy the perfect balance between independent city living and an amazing sense of community.
- Competitive pricing and no credit checks.
- No monthly cheques! Rent goes on your McGill Student Fee Account.
- Heating, hot water, electricity, and internet included in price. Furnished units.
- For more information, call our Student Housing and Dining Service Centre at(514) 398-6368.
- Single occupancy studio apartments.
- Double occupancy one bedroom apartments.
- All apartments have their own bathroom(s), kitchen, living room, and dining room (Studio apartments are one-room apartments with kitchen facilties and bathroom).
Greenbriar has 65 apartments housing 96 students and Hutchison contains 70 studio apartments and 7 one-bedroom apartments.
|3575 University - Greenbriar (returning students) Apartment-style residences. Studio and one-bedroom (double) apartments. 11 months lease.||2018/2019
|Monthly Installments including internet|
|Double occupancy one bedroom apartment||$9,889||$899|
|One bedroom apartment furnished as a single||$12,496||$1,136|
|3464 Hutchison - Hutchison Apartments - Apartment-style residences. Studios and one bedroom apartments. 11 months lease.||
2018/2019 Annual Fees
Monthly Installments including internet
|Regular Studio occupied by student||$10,505||$955|
|Renovated Regular Studio occupied by student||$11,770||$1,070|
|Renovated One Bedroom||$13,497||$1,227|
The lease for apartments in The Greenbriar is 11 months long. For the 2018/2019 academic year, the lease starts on August 30th, 2018 and ends on July 31st, 2019.
Electricity, hot water, heating are included in the rent.
Single size bed and mattress, desk and study chair, dresser, bookshelf, night table, dining table and chairs, refrigerator, stove and vertical blinds (furnishings may vary slightly depending on room size). Some apartments are carpeted, some have hardwood or tile floors.
Internet connection and WiFi are part of the residence rent.
Telephone service is not provided by McGill. Students may purchase phone plans from an independent mobile service provider, or use pre-paid calling cards.
There are two voluntary meal plans are available. The Saver Meal Plan and the oneCard. Please see McGill Food and Dining Services for details.
Locked entrance (card reader access) with intercom.
McGill Residences does not insure students' belongings. In case of theft, fire or flood, students must rely on their own insurance providers. Many home insurance plans offer benefits for students who stay in a university residence away from home - check with your insurer for details. Alternatively, ask an insurance company about their options for university residences.
On-site maintenance staff, card-operated laundry facilities.