We welcome communications, in either English or French, to the committee related to its mandate to find a name to represent the McGill Men’s Varsity team, in alignment with the key values of Athletics & Recreation and McGill University—namely Respect, Leadership, Teamwork, Excellence, and Integrity. With these values in mind, please respond to the following:
- What do you feel is important to be represented in the name, and/or;
- What do you feel is important to not be represented in the name; and/or
- What do you propose the new name to be (please include rationale/relevance).
As of January 10th, 2020, the committee is also accepting feedback on some of the names that have been suggested multiple times by the McGill community (listed here in alphabetical order):
- Red Thunder
This feedback can include rationale for choosing, or not choosing, any of these names, and can be included in the text box in the below webform. Please note that this list is not final, as new name submissions are still welcome.
To submit, you may fill out the below webform or email naming.dpsll [at] mcgill.ca with the following:
- Any of the below options (maximum 500 words; minimum 15 words):
- A proposed name and rationale with link to the values of Respect, Leadership, Teamwork, Excellence, and Integrity; or
- What you feel is important to be represented in a name and/or what you feel is important to not be represented in the name; or
- Rationale for choosing, or not choosing, any of the names listed above.
- If provided the opportunity, would you like to present to the committee? (yes/no)
- Affiliation with the University (Varsity Athlete/Varsity Alumni/Student/Alumni/Staff/Other - please explain)
- Contact information (email) or "wish to be anonymous"
- If you would like to be considered for an opportunity to present to the committee, please submit by January 17, 2020, 5pm ET.
- All submissions will close on February 28, 2020, 5pm ET.