One of the ongoing challenges that student organisations face is high turnover in executive positions; therefore, the more information, resources, and time you can give to your successor before leaving, the more effective they - and your organisation - will be!
Why make efforts to actively transition the executive?
- Ensure sustainability of organisation, projects, accomplishments, momentum
- Transfer important knowledge
- Provide closure to predecessors, confidence to successors
- Predecessors can pay it forward; successors can benefit from their experience and expertise
In this section, you will find information on:
- Formats for transition
- Topics to cover during transition
- What to read during transition
- SSMU Club-specific content
- Other transition tips
In fact, we think that a successful transition is so critical for student organizations, that we've made different custom icons and resources specifically devoted to this topic. You'll find them throughout the Transitions section of this website!
If you see this icon, it means that you can download a PDF resource/handout!