You might want to do some in-person promotion on campus and table around McGill. When tabling, try to create an interactive element for students and have a takeaway (printed element: postcard, bookmark) for students who want more information.
There a number of different McGill buildings where you may choose to conduct your tabling. This is a listing of possible buildings and the methods needed to reserve a table.
- FOR: Brown Building east wing lobby
- TO BOOK: Email vanessa.anzovino [at] mcgill.ca
Humanities and Social Sciences Library
- FOR: Corridor between the McLennan and Redpath library buildings
- TO BOOK: Visit the HSSL web site.
- FOR: Tables in the Bronfman lobby
- TO BOOK: Bookings made through the MUS website at http://mus.mcgill.ca/bookings
- Bookings must be made at least 72 hours prior to the desired date but even earlier is highly encouraged
- FOR: Tables in Burnside basement
- TO BOOK: Use the online link to book your tabling date: http://sus.mcgill.ca/resources/table-booking/
- Dates must be requested two weeks in advance
- Dates are confirmed via email on a monthly basis
- $5 cash-only fee given to an SUS executive the morning of tabling date
- Tables can be picked up at 11:30am in the SUS office (Burnside Basement 1B21) on the morning of confirmed tabling date
- Tables must be returned to the office before 5:00pm that day
- FOR: Tables in the Education Building lobby
- TO BOOK: Email the building manager Vanessa Bridgman at vanessa.bridgman [at] mcgill.ca
- FOR: Tables in the Leacock Building lobby
- TO BOOK: Done through the AUS website (https://ausmcgill.com/). Scroll down to see the calendar of events. Click the 2nd tab labelled “table bookings.” Click on a vacant spot you would like.
- Plan in advance as spots fill up quickly
- 3 options for tables: samosa sale, pastry sale & information table - the last of which probably applies to your cause
- $10 rental fee per booking which is paid online
McConnell Engineering Building
- FOR: McConnell Engineering Kiosk
- TO BOOK: Bookings must be done in person. Please come to the Engineering Undergraduate Society Office, McConnell Room 7, 514-398-4396.
- For: Kiosk (Center, 1st floor), Table elevator first floor, Table student lounge (1st foor), Table elevator second floor
- Done through: http://ssmuems.ssmu.mcgill.ca/VirtualEms/
- Charges may apply
- FOR: Lobby
- TO BOOK: email mouthpiece.mcss [at] mail.mcgill.ca
- FOR: Lobby
- TO BOOK: Email info.macdonald [at] mcgill.ca