MCIX Grantee Travel Awards
Progress in Motor Control IX is pleased to offer travel awards to support full-time graduate students, post-doctoral fellows, researchers, and faculty who are actively involved in motor control research to travel to this international meeting to present their work, network and learn.
- Competition is open to graduate students, post-doctoral fellows, researchers, and faculty (from low income countries).
- Awardees will be expected to acknowledge receipt of their award during their presentation;
- Applicants may receive only one award;
- Award recipients may not hold a concurrent travel award for the same conference
Amount of Award
Each award will reimburse a maximum of $1,000. Funds permitting, 8-10 awards will be offered. In the event that more than one person from a single lab receives an award, the $1000 maximum will be divided among them equally.
Applications for travel awards are due by May 15th, 2013. Please send your submission to paul [dot] cisek [at] umontreal [dot] ca. Following review of the submissions, applicants will be notified within three weeks of the application deadline. The following must be submitted:
- A completed application form: 2013_travel_award_application_form.doc
- A copy of any abstract submitted to the meeting/conference;
- A letter explaining why you want to attend the meeting and why funding is necessary;
Successful applicants will be required to arrange their own travel and submit original receipts for reimbursement following the event. Expenses must be submitted on a PMCIX Expense Reimbursement Form within two weeks of the conference. Expenses without receipts cannot be reimbursed.
Eligible expenses include:
- Economy class airfare;
- Accommodations –congress recommended hotel, sharing is encouraged;
- Conference registration;
- Meals (a maximum per diem will apply);
- Ground transportation;
Ineligible expenses include:
- Companion costs;
- Optional conference activities (banquet, etc);
- Alcoholic beverages;
- Long distance phone calls;
- Poster printing expenses
Travel awards are contingent on available funding and will be paid once travel is completed and the grantee has demonstrated that they have fulfilled the above conditions of the award. Payment will be made to the grantee in the form of a cheque.
For further information or questions, please contact Dr. Paul Cisek at paul [dot] cisek [at] umontreal [dot] ca.