Location: La maison du Développement durable - Salle/Room: Jeanne-Mance - 50, rue Ste-Catherine Ouest
Description: This energetic, intensive one-day course will sharpen your professional time management skills and optimize your working week. Building on the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) best practices, methodologies, and productivity tactics, the workshop provides tools and techniques that can be applied to a partner industry project or employment-based role. Whether you’re handling dynamic timelines alone or within a team, you’ll be able to reach your project targets with the knowledge gained in this course.
Course Objective: We will review and apply relevant time management processes within a project management context. We will also cover successful productivity optimization and performance improvement tactics. We will focus on professional scenarios from individual and team perspectives.
The tactics shared in this course can improve your ability to focus, follow through, take effective action, manage your energy, schedule with increased accuracy and agility, and help ensure a more successful outcome.
Learning Outcomes: You will learn to:
- Optimize your professional days and weeks
- Effectively define targets and goals so that they are clear and sustainable
- Accurately estimate activity duration
- Improve focus and better manage interruptions
- Reduce corrective communication
- Better defend project schedules without sacrificing relationship quotient
- Improve and leverage personal energy for sustainable follow-through on activities
To Register: Mitacs Training has launched a new learning management system called EDGE (Education, Development, Growth, and Engagement) on November 6, 2018. EDGE replaces Mitacs Training’s former learning platforms. Students will need to create a new account, if they have not done so already.
To get started on EDGE, students should follow the steps below:
- Visit https://edge-reg.mitacs.ca and click on ‘Create an Account’ to enter your details
- Select your Learner Affiliation on the EDGE Registration Portal
- Carefully select the current Mitacs Program Affiliation
- If they are not a Mitacs Intern or program participant select ‘General’
- After signing up, they can register by doing the following:
- Click on ‘Catalog’ on the home dashboard
- Filter for ‘Instructor Led Course’
- Look for the course you want to register for and click on ‘Enroll’ followed by ‘Choose Session’
- You will be redirected to a calendar. Please click on ‘View Next Available Session’ and click ‘Enroll’.