Does your thesis need a boost? Then join us for this 3-day writing event, hosted in a supportive and motivating setting, and take a leap towards finishing your thesis.
Thesis Boost is for graduate students who are in the middle to later stages of writing their thesis. We have reserved the bright and spacious JMSB Conference Centre and are inviting graduate students to spend 3 days, getting down to business on writing their thesis.
In partnership with the Vanier Library, the Student Success Centre, Health Services and le Gym, we will offer optional workshops, goal-setting activities, consultations with librarians and writing advisors, and healthy snacks - supports to help you stay focused and productive.
10 spots only!
- Participants should have begun writing their thesis prior to participating in this event.
- Computers will not be provided, but can be borrowed from the Library, as availability permits.
- Other workshops and activities are optional should participants prefer to write.
In this 3-day workshop student will:
- Dedicate time to writing their thesis in a supportive and motivating environment.
- Participate in reflective goal-setting exercises.
- Have access to one-on-one consultations with librarians and writing advisors.
- Learn about research, writing and editing techniques.
- Learn best practices for time management and stress minimization.
- Network with graduate students and resource personnel from across Concordia.
Workshop leaders include:
- Owen Moran, Health Promotion Specialist, Health Services
- Jason Begy, GradProSkills Read, Write and Present Team Member
- Roberto Gonzalez, GradProSkills Read, Write and Present Team Member
- Anja Novkovik, GradProSkills Read, Write and Present Team Member
- John Forest, GradProSkills Read, Write and Present Team Member
There will also be librarians and writing advisors available for research and writing consultations.