Location: La maison du Développement durable - Salle/Room: Ville-Marie - 50, rue Ste-Catherine Ouest, bur. 101 Montreal Quebec Canada H2X 3V4
Description: Learning teams of approximately five people each will be formed at the beginning of this session and will work together throughout the session. This will enable the participants to enhance their learning from each other, to experience the development of a strong team, and to develop a model of the culture that they will want to create and execute their projects.
Objective: To increase participant awareness and application of tools available to them to become better communicators in work and life.
Learning Outcomes: Through participating and completing this course, participants will:
- Understand how personal assumptions and mental models adversely influence communication
- Learn how to determine your own personal assumptions and how to avoid them
- Learn to navigate and approach difficult conversations
- Identify and implement communications tools and techniques for team success
To Register: Mitacs Training has launched a new learning management system called EDGE (Education, Development, Growth, and Engagement) on November 6, 2018. EDGE replaces Mitacs Training’s former learning platforms. Students will need to create a new account, if they have not done so already.
To get started on EDGE, students should follow the steps below:
- Visit https://edge-reg.mitacs.ca and click on ‘Create an Account’ to enter your details
- Select your Learner Affiliation on the EDGE Registration Portal
- Carefully select the current Mitacs Program Affiliation
- If they are not a Mitacs Intern or program participant select ‘General’
- After signing up, they can register by doing the following:
- Click on ‘Catalog’ on the home dashboard
- Filter for ‘Instructor Led Course’
- Look for the course you want to register for and click on ‘Enroll’ followed by ‘Choose Session’
- You will be redirected to a calendar. Please click on ‘View Next Available Session’ and click ‘Enroll’.