Location: CRIM - Room/Salle: 11 - 405 Ogilvy Avenue, suite 101 Montréal Quebec Canada H4P1T7
Description: In this one-day course, theory is introduced in short bursts and participants spend the majority of time practicing their presentation skills while receiving onsite feedback. The focus on extensive practice and feedback is what makes the program meaningful, and is what makes the learning stick.
Objective: To create opportunities for participants to build and practice their presentation skills by applying course concepts through a series of short presentation practices while receiving in-person peer and expert feedback.
- Through participating and completing this course, participants will:
- Broaden their understanding of presentation logistics
- Gain a greater ability to persuade and motivate others
- Understand how to plan and structure presentations
- Understand how (and how not to) use visual aids
- Learn to engage others through genuine and authentic presentation
- Learn tools to overcome and manage fears of public speaking
- Gain onsite practice and receive expert and peer feedback
- Be perceived as an expert in their topic area
To Register: Mitacs Training has launched a new learning management system called EDGE (Education, Development, Growth, and Engagement) on November 6, 2018. EDGE replaces Mitacs Training’s former learning platforms. Students will need to create a new account, if they have not done so already.
To get started on EDGE, students should follow the steps below:
- Visit https://edge-reg.mitacs.ca and click on ‘Create an Account’ to enter your details
- Select your Learner Affiliation on the EDGE Registration Portal
- Carefully select the current Mitacs Program Affiliation
- If they are not a Mitacs Intern or program participant select ‘General’
- After signing up, they can register by doing the following:
- Click on ‘Catalog’ on the home dashboard
- Filter for ‘Instructor Led Course’
- Look for the course you want to register for and click on ‘Enroll’ followed by ‘Choose Session’
- You will be redirected to a calendar. Please click on ‘View Next Available Session’ and click ‘Enroll’.