Location: La maison du Développement durable - Salle/Room: Ville-Marie - 50, rue Ste-Catherine Ouest
Description: Learning teams of approximately five people each will be formed at the beginning of this session and will work together throughout the session. This will enable the participants to enhance their learning from each other, to experience the development of a strong team, and to develop a model of the culture that they will want to create and execute their projects.
Objective: This 2-day course provides an experiential, collaborative learning experience to enable participants to integrate the principles of project management, team building, group dynamics and leadership that participants can apply immediately and in their future careers and lives. Participants experience the processes of collaborative planning and management and can see the benefits firsthand.
- Learning Outcomes:
- Through participating and completing this course, participants will:
- Gain a clear understanding of foundational project management principles
- Have an emphasized understanding of the importance of team and team dynamics within the context of project management and meeting project deadlines
To Register: Mitacs Training has launched a new learning management system called EDGE (Education, Development, Growth, and Engagement) on November 6, 2018. EDGE replaces Mitacs Training’s former learning platforms. Students will need to create a new account, if they have not done so already.
To get started on EDGE, students should follow the steps below:
- Visit https://edge-reg.mitacs.ca and click on ‘Create an Account’ to enter your details
- Select your Learner Affiliation on the EDGE Registration Portal
- Carefully select the current Mitacs Program Affiliation
- If they are not a Mitacs Intern or program participant select ‘General’
- After signing up, they can register by doing the following:
- Click on ‘Catalog’ on the home dashboard
- Filter for ‘Instructor Led Course’
- Look for the course you want to register for and click on ‘Enroll’ followed by ‘Choose Session’
- You will be redirected to a calendar. Please click on ‘View Next Available Session’ and click ‘Enroll’.