LOCATION: Concordia U, SGW-MB 9.CONF Sir George Williams Campus. 1455 De Maisonneuve Blvd. W. (MAP)
Does your thesis or research paper need a boost? Then join us for this 3-day writing event, hosted in a supportive and motivating setting, and take a leap towards finishing your writing project.
Thesis Boost is for graduate students who are in the middle to later stages of writing their thesis or research paper. We have reserved the beautiful Loyola Jesuit Hall and Conference Centre and are inviting graduate students to spend 3 days, advancing their writing project and adopting some good writing habits.
In partnership with the Library, the Student Success Centre, Health Services and le Gym, we will offer optional workshops, goal-setting activities, consultations with librarians and writing advisors, and healthy snacks - supports to help you stay focused and productive.
Registration for this event is now closed.
- Participants should have begun writing their thesis prior to participating in this event.
- Computers will not be provided, but can be borrowed from the Library, as availability permits.
- Other workshops and activities are optional should participants prefer to write.
In this 3-day workshop student will:
- Dedicate time to writing their thesis in a supportive and motivating environment.
- Participate in reflective goal-setting exercises.
- Have access to one-on-one consultations with librarians and writing advisors.
- Learn about research, writing and editing techniques.
- Learn best practices for time management and stress minimization.
- Network with graduate students and resource personnel from across Concordia.