Location: CRIM - Room/Salle: 11 - 405 Ogilvy Avenue, suite 101 Montréal Quebec Canada H4P1T7
Description: No matter what field you’re working in, written communication is a critical part of your day-to-day duties. Regardless of your comfort or skill level, you can benefit from learning techniques to entice your readers and achieve your goals. This course will help all professionals hone their writing skills using proven techniques and processes.
Objective: To provide opportunities for participants to build on their business writing knowledge and skills through a combination of self-directed activities and in-person, facilitated application. Through their participation, participants will shape their approach to strategically creating clear written communication in a professional setting.
- Gain practical written communication skills to improve engagement with various stakeholders
- Deepen your understanding of writing techniques to concisely grab a reader’s attention and get results
- Learn writing methods that can be applied immediately
- Harness writing processes that maximize preparation and effective writing time
To Register: Mitacs Training has launched a new learning management system called EDGE (Education, Development, Growth, and Engagement) on November 6, 2018. EDGE replaces Mitacs Training’s former learning platforms. Students will need to create a new account, if they have not done so already.
To get started on EDGE, students should follow the steps below:
- Visit https://edge-reg.mitacs.ca and click on ‘Create an Account’ to enter your details
- Select your Learner Affiliation on the EDGE Registration Portal
- Carefully select the current Mitacs Program Affiliation
- If they are not a Mitacs Intern or program participant select ‘General’
- After signing up, they can register by doing the following:
- Click on ‘Catalog’ on the home dashboard
- Filter for ‘Instructor Led Course’
- Look for the course you want to register for and click on ‘Enroll’ followed by ‘Choose Session’
- You will be redirected to a calendar. Please click on ‘View Next Available Session’ and click ‘Enroll’.